Monday, January 13, 2014

The Future is NOW!

Night Rider by XRAYi


        This is basically my favorite beat of ALL TIMES and I'm not saying that just because it's mine! It's mainly because of the sample I used which is an OLD electro song that will currently remain unnamed... When I make beats I try not to use samples that much and when I do I like to make it as obscure as possible. So I basically slowed that track down, then made a call and response with it, and a wicked, grungy, rolling bassline. Top that off with the good-old sad-saga strings and the RZA "drunken snare" technique and there you have it: XRAYi - Night Rider aka My favorite beat EVER! Seriously though... Don't front! That beat is TIGHT and it's completely original meaning even though I sampled a relatively common song, you STILL ain't never heard a beat quite like that before!



    
    Anyways, I named this track Night Rider because the vibe totally reminds me of the old TV show and in fact when I was making it I was trying to find the little wooshing sound that Kitt would make but I couldn't get a clean sample. When I was making the cover art I decided however to go with an actual Night Rider, like on a horse, instead of a picture of Kitt.


 

       I tell you what though, I used to LOVE me some Knight Rider! Michael Knight, a lone crusader in a dangerous world... Kitt, I need ya buddy! Right away Michael! I just knew that ONE DAY there would be cars like that and I was gonna get me one! Well computer technology hasn't quite caught up to the A.I. design of that show YET but still, there are some REALLY DOPE ASS vehicles out there that would blow Kitt right outta the water! In fact, I was searching for some pictures of futuristic type cars for this BLOG right here when I ran across this joint that Volkswagen designed from the Chinese "The People's Car" project.

 



       It's uses the power of magnets to make it float and may be the next generation for the beautifully benign "BEETLE"! I'm pretty sure the promotion they made for it was computer generated but it looks HELLA real! So real that I decided to edit it down to less than a minute and put my beat "Night Rider" over it so it looks almost like a commercial. Hey I was just having some fun but I've been getting MADD hits so it's all good lol! Anything to get people to listen to my tracks yo... The world NEEDS to hear them! TELL A FRIEND! Flying cars that play DOPE BEATS do exist lol!  The FUTURE is NOW!!!























No comments:

Post a Comment